Friday, June 27, 2014

Book In a Week DOS

So...we're gonna go ahead and do another Book In A Week and I'm announcing it beforehand so people can join me...and because I'm going to need more encouragement.

Last time, I spent 4 of the 7 days in my apartment, alone except for my Roommate who can function on her own and spends a decent amount of time out of the apartment. I could sleep weird hours and take quick runs out to Duane Reade or Popeye's for emergency craving food. I had some reading obligations, but nothing major.

Then I came to my parents' house and didn't write for 2 days. And I'm still here.

I still sleep weird hours, but slightly less weird because my brother is now home. He's old enough to generally function on his own, but sometimes needs to be fed properly. He's also kind of loud and spends much of his free time playing video games in spaces I want to work in or watching videos on YouTube in spaces I want to work in...except now I also have issues loading the internet and Write or Die.

On top of that, my parents' have season tickets to see a minor league baseball team. I'm not obligated to go and they didn't buy tickets for me anyway, so I've just been trading in ones that went unused so far and it's not at all a big deal for me to skip. But I LIKE going to the games. Unfortunately, that usually means being out of the house by 6:30 and trying to make sure we're all dressed, fed, and packed starting at 5:30, then we don't get home until 10 and I still have to shower and usually I'm hungry again because I'm bad at eating normal sized meals and have my night time shows to watch. Then it's also a holiday weekend and my parents' are now tossing around the idea of going somewhere. If we don't go somewhere, we'll be around but running errands and going to more baseball games. Either way, my parents' will both be home an extra day and we get VERY little time together with my mom, so I'm going to want to be hanging out with my family.

Basically, it's a lot harder to get consistent writing time.

So this go round, I'm doing more scheduled writing. I'm planning to get up by 10 am each day, eat some breakfast, then settle in and write until me or my brother needs lunch, take a break, then keep pushing through. I also have to aim for 15-20K each day in preparation for the weekend.

I also have to decide what I'm writing...but whatever. 

If you're planning on joining me in Book In A Week, then awesome! Please let me know so we can support each other on twitter or by email or whatever's best. And if you're like me and do best in sprints, I'll be sprinting for anywhere between 30 minutes and 2 hours at a time for the better part of the time between 10:30 and 5 EST.

--Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment