Wednesday, December 4, 2013

The Final Stretch

It's almost freaking done.

I have 5 days of classes left. Tomorrow, then four next week.

By the end of classes, I'll have turned in two papers and taken a final. Then I take a quick trip to my parents', then back to do a presentation and write three more papers. Then there will be one last paper due at a still unknown date.

In that time, I also have Christmas shopping to do, some time with friends to fit in, a Broadway show to see, lots of cleaning to do, volunteer hours, desperately attempting to switch classes and a few other things. I also have to deal with the insane temperature jumps that most of the north east seems to be going through, which means it'll be really warm for a couple of days and my heat will not be shut off so I'll be sleeping even less, but I have to hang around because I'm expecting packages.

This semester wasn't particularly challenging, but mentally...I wasn't doing well. One particular assignment caused stress that lead to physical, debilitating pain, then sickness I couldn't quite shake for almost a month. I was constantly either sacrificing sleep or sacrificing eating because I just didn't care. I'm getting better but not by much. I could use a quieter month, much of which will be spent at my parents for holiday/babysitting/wisdom teeth purposes, so I can read and edit and sleep and not worry about money or anything for a little while.

Just a couple more weeks to get through.

--Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment