Thursday, November 14, 2013

An Introduction

 Lately, I've been wanting an outlet.

I have twitter and instagram and tumblr and Facebook but twitter is for short things, instagram is for photos, tumblr is more of a personal space for me that I could fill with things that make me happy and thoughts that I wish I didn't have, and Facebook has too much family and people who don't really know me. 

And yes, I have a book blog. And an editing blog. But those are for books. And writing/editing related topics.

But I wanted a place to rant about...everything else. In long details. And I want a place to review things that aren't books because it's not something I'm super invested in at the moment, but I DO want to review...something and maybe reviewing other things will get me back into reviewing books at some point. Or maybe it'll help me realize I don't want to review books anymore. I don't know. We'll get back to that.

And today, I start. Because today I'm exhausted after marathoning Sister Wives until 4:30 in the morning then getting up at 8 for class and I can't nap because I'm waiting on the UPS to deliver a package that neither my roommate nor I can figure out what's in it (and our birthdays are next week, so this is ESPECIALLY intriguing) and I'm too tired to be productive in the ways I would like to be. And because today I've been obsessing over things on etsy and infinity scarves and the ipsy bag I feel like I've been waiting for ages for and trying to not buy all the things because...I can't. Hence, you know, the "poor" part of this.

So, here's a few good things to know about me:
  • I live in NYC.
  • I also go to college here. 
  • I'm technically a junior, but really a sophomore, and I'm studying English Literature for a degree, History for fun, and Publishing for things actually useful.
  • In 8 days, on November 22, I turn 19. It's the first birthday I will not be spending with my family.
  • I'm a lazy, procrastinating work-a-holic. 
  • I like the idea of things more than I tend to actually like things...usually.
  • Cats. Cats are life. And so is tea. 
  • This is an approximation of my face:



And let's see how long this lasts.

 --Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment