Thursday, November 21, 2013

Reasons I Can't Be an Adult Part 1

According to my religion, I've been an adult for over 6 years. Legally, I've been an adult for almost one year. Within my family unit, I've probably been some degree of an adult...since I was 4. 

But nobody should let me be an actual, full time adult. Even if I live in an apartment and I'm old enough and have a job and whatnot. This week alone, I've

  • Left a gallon of milk, a dozen eggs, and sour cream on the kitchen floor. For an hour.
  • Exploded a bowl of soup in the microwave.
  • Broken my book buying ban. Twice.
  • Popped the top off of the cake-pop batter bottle...while holding it over a slightly over heated cake pop maker. That's sitting on the floor. Cue donut batter all over the cake pop maker and the floor.
  • Had said cake-pop maker slam shut on my thumb while attempting to clean it
  • Spent at least 30 minutes each day on cleaning dishes, only to have to stop because I ran out of room to put them somewhere to dry.
  • The sink is already overflowing with dishes again. I may cry if I clean another dish, but I need lunch and we're out of silverware.
  • Made birthday plans with a friend without telling her its my birthday.
  • Stayed up until 6 am reading a romance novel. Because how could I possibly guess how it ends?
  • Asked myself why I was so hungry for three hours before making food. I was so hungry because all I'd eaten that day were three donut holes.
Yet people have been trusting me with their small children since I was eight. I question their life choices.

--Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment