Monday, November 18, 2013

Things I Obsess Over: Julep Nail Polish

To put into perspective how bad this obsession is...I only joined Julep in mid-August. I got my first box at that time and only paid for shipping since the first box is always free. That came with the mint condition pedi-creme and two of the nail polishes.

My next order was the sea salt texture spray because it was 50% off and I've always loved what the beach does to my hair.

I skipped getting a box in September, but at the beginning of October, they started having a ton of massive sales for members, so I ended up ordering one little nail polish "set" of three, plus one extra. I also got the October box, which was the eyeliner and two more nail polishes. Then again I got the November box which was two nail polishes and a lip gloss.

You know how many of those products I've used? One nail polish, the lip gloss, the hair spray, and the creme. Yet I keep buying more nail polishes. I've actually had to put myself on a ban for buying any more for a while, because like...I don't need all of this. Or the super fantastic deals that come when you do get your box for the month.


As for the products I've used? 

I actually do like the lip gloss. It's not the greatest, but it doesn't dry me out and it's only slightly darker than my natural lips, which wasn't what I wanted, but it's better for every day wear or when I'm running late. However, even with the Maven discount, it's still way over priced.

The foot creme is decent but...eh. I wouldn't be buying more. Same with the sea salt texture spray. It only works if my hair is wet and since I shower at night then have to brush my hair in the morning...that's not super useful. If I spray it on at night and can avoid brushing my hair again when I wake up, it does decently, but it's rare I want to do that.

Then there's the nail polishes. The big sellers. The one I tried was a steel-y gray, the brown-ish looking one in the picture. It's actually a really nice color and really high quality. They don't have some of the more toxic ingredients in other nail polishes, but they also LAST. I painted this on every other finger and a different brand on what was left. The other brand was thinner and definitely didn't last as long, but the Julep polish was thick and had to be scraped off over the course of several days. That nail polish is DETERMINED to stay on for ages. 

Basically, even though the products themselves are hit or miss, getting two (or three) high quality nail polishes each month for $20? Not a horrible bargain. Just kind of out of my price range and not a big enough necessity at the moment. Didn't stop me from hesitating as I dug through the site writing this post for some details-research.

If you're interested in joining Julep, you can do that here. The first box is free with the code FREEBOX, besides $3.99 for shipping. You can switch up which box you get each month or skip months without penalty. When you get the box, you get access to a secret sale store where things are like 70% off for a few days. You also get Jules, which you can put towards getting a free box one month. And no matter if you get the box or not, just joining gets you discounts on pretty much all of their products. Not a bad deal, you know?

--Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment